Notes on rolling out tmux
I have used [screen] for a while, particularly when doing server admin1.
Recently, I came across a similar tool, tmux that I thought would be worth testing out. There can be a steep learning curve with some of these things, and tmux was the same. Here are some notes, tips and resources.
- A cheatsheet
- A comprehensive guide
- More advanced as both ViM and tmux can create split windows.
- and 4 useful tips
- More ViM and tmux
- Software development with vim and tmux
- you can generate a file of the running configuration
- There are (similar to ViM) a large range of configuration options, files, tweaks and even meta configs. An example
- A definitive guide to the status line
- another guide to configuration
- The config file references a color palette of 16 or 256 colours. You can display a list of these colours by running this shell script.